Water Heater Maintenance Specialist
Water Heaters, like all mechanical devices, last longer with regular preventive maintenance. Applying the simple tips outlined below should make your water heater last much, much longer! . If you’re not comfortable doing any of this work yourself, please call our professional plumbers at: 858-536-4161 or fill out our Contact Form to learn how Black Mountain Plumbing Inc can be your Water Heater Maintenance Specialist.
Here are some Water Heater Maintenance Tips:
1. To extend the life of your water heater, flush the tank annually to remove any sediment that may have built up inside it. Because not all water heaters are the same, make sure to follow the manufacturers recommendation while doing this. The water draining may very well be extremely HOT.
2. Turn down the thermostat on your water heater! It’s straightforward and setting your water heater thermostat to a mid to low range will still provide loads of hot water. This will not only increase the life of your water heater, but also cut down your energy costs.
3. Buy a hot water insulation jacket for your water heater. By insulating the water heater, it’s going to keep the hot water heated longer, reducing standby heat loss (heat lost through the partitions of the tank) by 25-40%, which will save money, and limit how hard the water heater has to work to keep water heated. (Please note: Some water heaters are already insulated also on some water heaters adding an additional blanket will void the warranty, always check first.)
4. Install high efficiency shower heads in your bathrooms and aerated faucets in your sinks. This reduces the quantity of hot water used, which minimizes how hard your water heater needs to work, thus extending the life of your water heater.
5. Insulating your hot water pipes will limit heat loss as the hot water is flowing through the pipes to your faucet.
6. Have your water heater inspected by a qualified, licensed plumber, every couple of years. This will keep your water heater in tip top shape.
7. Have a qualified plumber replace the anode rod (a long metal rod) about every five years. Corrosive chemical compounds in the water are drawn to the anode rod (a small metal rod in the heater), instead of the water heater tank itself. Keeping this anode rod changed every 5 years will lesson corrosion on the main water heater tank, making the water heater last longer.
If you’re looking for a professional Plumber, water heater maintenance Specialist then please call us today at (858-536-4161) or complete our online request form.
Water Heater Specialist – http://www.sandiegowaterheaterrepairs.com/
Basic Home Maintenance : How to Troubleshoot Your Water Heater – http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOcSBD9Umtg
How to Maintain a Water Heater in 3 Easy Steps – http://homerepair.about.com/od/plumbingrepair/ss/hwh_maintenance.htm