We all want a kitchen that inspires the true chef in all of us plus make it the best family room and most of this can be achieved by using excellent kitchen ideas to make the most of what we have available to us. Of course delving into such a huge task can be taxing not only physically but also on our pockets so it helps to plan carefully and get loads of advice. Kitchen ideas can be found all over the net but often times you’ll find that many of these tips are re-hashed kitchen design ideas that are outdated so pay close attention and take notes.
The most frequent kitchen remodeling ideas recommend that you focus on space, color, tranquility and a high level of multi-functionality among others. Here are some of the best kitchen ideas that you can implement into your home and also what to look at before we make any changes:
1. Space – How much do you have available to you? The shape of your kitchen also plays a huge part on practical kitchen design ideas. Space translates to layout and this is critical in the initial planning phase. The types of layouts are: A one wall kitchen, an L shaped, U shaped, island shape, a galley kitchen, a peninsula kitchen.
2. Color scheme – What colors do you have now and do you intend to paint your kitchen another color. It is recommended that never use a combination of more than three colors. More than this could result in a cluttered cramped feeling. Popular colors would be creams, pastels, as well as bright and light colors like green or blue that give the kitchen a refreshing feel to it.
3. Flooring – This makes a big difference. Darker color tiles make any kitchen feel small and cramped. Marbles and tiles in whites and light colors work best although it has been shown that people prefer cork flooring for warmth.
4. Clean Lines – The use of smooth clean lines make the world of difference by giving the kitchen an uncluttered look. It’s the illusion of smooth lines that make your kitchen appear bigger. The longer the lines the better, apply this to work tops, islands, drawers and cabinets.
5. Use of Lighting – The best lighting is natural lighting of course but sometimes we have to compromise for soft indoor lighting. Focus on indented or receded led lighting methods, and keep towards soft tones and upper cabinet fixtures.
6. Cabinets – Modern and contemporary cabinets are in and look great and are easy to maintain. Antique designs work best in large kitchens so choose smartly. Dark colors and finishes last longer but are bad for spaciousness. Focus on getting units that start from the floor all the way to the ceiling.
It’s important to point out here that investing in kitchen ideas will greatly increase the overall value of your property and serve the potential to sell your home fast in the future but also make any current guests and friends feel right at home.